Mr. Bohannon has experience representing employers in state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and private arbitrations. He has defended Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, start-ups, non-profits, and clients in a range of employment claims, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, workplace torts, and wage and hour claims. He also has expertise in reviewing employments contracts, separation agreements, and employee policies, and litigating contract disputes including executive compensation, confidentiality, non-compete, non-solicitation, and sales commission litigation. Mr. Bohannon is proficient in emerging legal issues arising from technology in the workplace, such as social media, internet, privacy issues, and employment policies.
Mr. Bohannon graduated magna cum laude from Wayne State University Law School in 2009, where he was awarded the Order of the Coif and was an Associate Editor of The Journal of Law in Society, a Dean’s Scholar, and a Lombard Fellow. He graduated with honors from Wayne State University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Obtained judgment for an automobile manufacturer in a disability and age discrimination case alleging failure to accommodate needed time off.
- Helped obtain dismissal of a collective action lawsuit of security guards alleging failure to pay overtime for attendance at a roll call period.
- Pursued a breach of confidentiality agreement and tort claims against a consulting firm’s former director after forensic investigations revealed improper electronic copies of proprietary information had been made.
- Represented a communications, entertainment, and cable provider in a multi-plaintiff suit for discrimination alleging wrongful discharge and challenging the employer’s investigation into misconduct.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Federal Bar Association
- RISE, Federal Bar Association, Eastern District Michigan Chapter