Joseph E. Viviano
Mr. Viviano has 20 years of commercial litigation and business law experience representing some of the largest corporations, financial institutions, and municipalities in Michigan. He was previously a partner with the firm of Bodman PLC and the Managing Member of Viviano Law.
In 2018, Mr. Viviano was named to the Super Lawyers list of Top 100 attorneys in Michigan and top 50 attorneys in Michigan for Business Law. He was named to DBusiness’s list of Top Lawyers in Detroit in 2015. Mr. Viviano comes from a family of lawyers and is the brother of Michigan Supreme Court Justice David Viviano and Macomb County Circuit Court Judge Kathryn Viviano.
Mr. Viviano graduated cum laude from the University of Chicago Law School in 1999. He graduated from Hillsdale College in 1996, where he was salutatorian. During law school, he completed a clerkship with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Washington in Seattle.
- Secured over $100 million in judgments for financial institutions on commercial workout matters.
- Achieved a $2.1 million jury verdict in a commercial dispute between a start-up company and a web designer.
- Successfully resolved three multi-million dollar claims for the Macomb Interceptor Drain Drainage District (the primary Macomb County sewer system) less than one year after becoming lead counsel.
- Achieved a bench trial verdict of $900,000 in an insurance fraud matter.
- Served as a key member of a team that secured summary judgment on a complex $15 million real estate dispute in northern Michigan.
- Achieved a no-cause of action verdict in a personal injury jury trial where the plaintiff sought damages in excess of $500,000.
- Served as second-chair in a $9 million dealer-termination arbitration, helping to achieve a no-cause of action decision.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Eastern District of Michigan
- DeLaSalle Collegiate Alumni Association
- Catalyst Club