Katie Hoffman works with the firm’s clients on commercial litigation, real estate, and corporate law matters.
Prior to joining the firm’s predecessor, Viviano Law PLLC, Ms. Hoffman was an associate attorney at a nationally-recognized trial defense firm. During her time there, Katie handled complex business litigation and product liability matters for Fortune 500 companies.
In 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018, Ms. Hoffman was named a Rising Star by Michigan Super Lawyers. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan, where she was a three-time recipient of the James B. Angel Scholar award for academic excellence. She received her Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School, where she was a recipient of the James K. Robinson Scholarship, a full-tuition scholarship for all three years. During law school, Ms. Hoffman served as an Associate Editor of the Wayne State Law Review. She also achieved multiple academic honors, including Dean’s Scholar, Lombard’s Fellow Enrichment Program member, Bronze Key Recipient, and a perfect score on her First Year Oral Argument.
She also gained valuable experience as a summer associate at Butzel Long, P.C. and a research attorney for Judge Henry Saad of the Michigan Court of Appeals.
- Advises clients in real estate transactions and property management disputes.
- Regularly drafts complex commercial contracts for clients.
- Experienced in the preparation and defense of corporate witness depositions in multi-million-dollar litigations.
- Defended a major automotive manufacturer in multiple high-exposure product liability suits and claims.
- Secured favorable settlement for automotive manufacture in high-exposure personal injury claim.
- Eastern District of Michigan, U.S. District Court
- Western District of Michigan, U.S. District Court
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- HBA of Southeastern Michigan – Professional Women’s Chapter