Donald R. Sheff II
Donald R. Sheff II advises clients on commercial litigation matters and complex criminal investigations, including those that involve significant regulatory enforcement issues and considerable reputational concerns. Mr. Sheff joins KHVPF after serving as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the criminal investigation and prosecutions stemming from the mass drinking water contamination in Flint, Michigan.
Mr. Sheff litigates cases involving business disputes, allegations of engineering and design errors, commercial contracts, municipal law, professional malpractice, and commercial speech. He also provides strategic counsel concerning the forensic preservation and analysis of electronically stored information. On the criminal side, Mr. Sheff’s practice includes the representation of parties under indictment or criminal investigation. His experience includes high-profile criminal matters relating to environmental, public health, public integrity, and securities laws.
Mr. Sheff received his law degree from Georgetown University, where he was Articles Selection Editor of the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Western Michigan University.
- Former Special Assistant Attorney General for the Michigan Attorney General’s criminal and civil investigation of the mass drinking water contamination in Flint, Michigan.
- Constitutional and administrative law counsel to multiple outdoor advertising companies.
- Litigation counsel to Fortune 500 company regarding infrastructure engineering and design dispute.
- Litigation counsel to multinational financial services company regarding its financial position on state-of-the-art renewable energy infrastructure.
- Arbitration counsel to corporation regarding multi-million dollar merger and acquisition dispute involving commercial and industrial applications of textile technology.
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federalist Society, Michigan Chapter
- National Civic Art Society
- Churchill Society of Washington, DC